Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chaco's are not the best running shoes...

So.... WE MADE IT!!!!!!! After over 40 hours of traveling, plane rides, and layovers, we are safely in our apartments! I can not believe it!

Lets just say that its already been an interesting trip so far! I will try to keep this story short, but there are so many necessary details! So, here I go:

We drove to Cincinnati, and checked in and made it to our first plane which was headed to New York! JFK is crazy!! We got there, ate lunch, then tried to go through security only to find out that we needed to go get new boarding passes... so after doing that and standing in the line for security (which was probably the craziest part of JFK) we make it to our gate. From New York we would be flying to Singapore with a short stop in Frankfurt, Germany. The plane we were getting on was massive! It had 2 floors (we snuck up to the second floor in the middle of the night to check it out :) ). The women that greeted us on the plane looked so beautiful! They had on these really pretty outfits and their hair looked so neat! This flight was going to be our longest flight of the trip... 21 hours total. I definitely got to sleep some, watched a lot of movies, and ate. I have never been served so much food on a plane before. We were served a lunch, a dinner, a snack, and breakfast! As surprising as it may sound.. the best meal we had was scrambled eggs! So after a looong plane ride.. we made it to Singapore! I have never been so happy to be on the ground again! In Singapore we got to use the free internet to get on email and of course facebook! From Singapore, we flew to Bangkok.. this is where the story gets really good! (I hope I haven't lost you yet!!) In Bangkok, we had to go get out luggage and check in with another air line. So, as we walk up to the baggage claim, there is a lady standing there with a sign that has Moran (Noah), McClellan (Duke) and Mardlaw (Me, yes that was the name that was on the paper.. not Wardlaw.) She was there to inform us that our luggage was still in JFK (so good news.. it wasnt lost). So, we went to the baggage claim services and tried really hard to communicate with the people there to figure out how to get our bags. After having that figured out, we go upstairs and see the Campus Outreach Director of NEU Guy! It was so good to see a friendly face. We got to eat lunch and get our new boarding passes. Guy told us that we had enough time to go into the city on the train. We were so tired, but still wanted to go see the city. So Guy took us to the biggest department store/mall I have ever been in. It was insane! So, we head back to get on the train only to find out that it was delay about 10 minutes. We didn't have any other choice but to wait. By the time we got on the plane, it was about 15 minutes from our boarding time. We finally make it to the airport, and as soon as the train doors open our team busts out in a full sprint to try to get through security fast. Well, when we got to security, a boy had been helping me carry one of my very heavy bags. He was behind me in security, so I wasn't able to see that my bag didn't make it through security until after he had to chase me down. I was scared at this point that I wasnt going to make the flight. I had to sprint (with chaco's on... they felt like they weighed 10 pounds each) back to security to get my bag and run to the airplane. Out of complete stress and adrenaline, I started crying as soon as I made it on the airplane. It was crazy! Just like my mother, I now know why I always have to be 10 minutes early to everything... its stressful being late!!!

Even though all of this was stressful and very crazy, it was totally worth it when we showed up at the Khon Kaen airport with a big welcome crew and a sign saying "Welcome to Khon Kaen!" It couldnt have been a better way to end our traveling journey!!

God was completely sovereign in all of our travels and journeys we have had so far! It has been an amazing experience! :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you made it there safely. Definitely an answer to prayer. And for the record; chacos are the best running shoe. They are pretty much the best at everything.

    ReplyDelete